Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ratpoison - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ratpoison - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:17:09 +0100

Hi,

> I have one question about src/linkedlist.{c,h}. I took them from the
> Linux kernel but it didn't have a copyright notice. I added this to
> the top:
>
> /* This file was taken from the Linux kernel and is
>  * Copyright (C) 2003 Linus Torvalds
>  *
>  * Modified by Shawn Betts. Portions created by Shawn Betts are
>  * Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Shawn Betts
>
> Is that okay?

This is fine, except that you should not abbreviate the year list
using a range. The rule is a bit complicated, see:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html

I have approved your project.  You will receive an automated e-mail
containing detailed information about the approval. I am going to
import the repository and the ratpoison-devel mailing list, it should
be done within an hour. Just update the copyright notices (not only in
the linkedlist.* files) asap. Of course, feel free to ask if you have
any other concern.

All the best,

--
Sylvain