Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of BERITA portal system - savannah.gnu

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of BERITA portal system - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 19:02:27 -0300

address@hidden writes:

Hi Haris Hidayatullah,

You named the project as 'cms', this is too generic and there's
another project with the same name at
SourceForge.net(http://sourceforge.net/projects/cms/), do you want to
keep this name, or change it for another one?

Can you send the source code to my email (address@hidden)?, I
wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at
the beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help catch
potential omissions such as these.

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software movement, not
projects of the Open Source movement.

We are careful about ethical issues and insist on producing software
that is not dependent on proprietary software.

While Open Source as defined by its founders means
something pretty close to Free Software, it's frequently
misunderstood.  For more information, please see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.

Regards,