Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Internet Point Client Server - sava

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Internet Point Client Server - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:50:58 -0300

Paolo Sacconier <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Paolo Sacconier,

> Jonathan Gonzalez V. wrote:
>> Paolo Sacconier <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hi Paolo Sacconier:
>> I reviewed your source code and you still having the Copyright and
>> Notices License missing in some .py, .ui and .html files, fix this
>> issue.
>
> Can you tell me the names? Do you use any automated system to do this
> check? It would be useful to me.

Sure, these files are: error.html, login.html and client.ui.

We do not use an "automated system" to do this job, in fact we cannot
use a script, this job should be do it very carefully. This is not a
job for a simple script.

> Anyway I don't understand why .html and .ui files should contain
> copyright notice, can you please explain me?

If you need to understand why we do this job very carefully, you can
read these URLs:

     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html

>> In the further tarball can you please remove all the files finished
>> with a '~'?
>
> I gave you links to tarballs not ready to be released, I was just in
> need of a place to receive contributors since I was going to present
> the project publicly at the Linux Day in Turin...

Apologize if this request was a trouble or a hindrance for you, it's
just to do not waste time browsing such files.

> Now it's late, next time I won't show any code in my savannah requests
> if it will speed up the approval process.

We have a policy to approve projects without source code, but after a
month we monitor them looking for legal issues. If you want to take
this idea please let us know.

>> I'll wait your updated tarball.
>
> Now I'm wondering what are you going to do with my tarballs, since
> you've been so pedantinc till now.

Certainly, the answer sounds pedantic, but is not the idea of that
answer, apologize if you feel that this answer is pedantic I'll change
it in a near future.

> Are you going to do the initial import for me?

If you want, we can do it for you but maybe you will want to do it by
yourself.

>Will you check the license of every file before I can add it in the CVS?

Yes, that's my job.

>> Regards,
>
> I'm workinng on this project in my free time, mostly alone, unpaid, do
> you want to help me or make my project die? Should I stop putting my
> trust in the free software foundation?

Like you, we do this job in our free time, unpaid and currently we are
understaffed, we have many projects submissions per day and is a lot
of job. No you should not stop putting your trust in the Free Software
Foundation.