[Savannah-hackers] submission of High Precision Arithmetic library - sav

From: ivano . primi
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of High Precision Arithmetic library - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 05:08:53 -0500

Ivano Primi <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: High Precision Arithmetic library
System name: hpalib
Type: non-GNU

The name of the project is HPA, staying for High Precision Arithmetic
Library.
The high precision arithmetic library implements a high
precision floating point arithmetic (>= quad precision) together with a
comprehensive set of support functions. The general
areas covered by these functions include:

         o Extended Precision Arithmetic
         o Extended Precision Math Library
         o Applications of High Precision Computation

The math library support includes evaluation of
trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, hyperbolic,
logarithm, and exponential functions at the same
precision as the floating point math itself.
Maybe in future HPA will support also high precision complex
arithmetic and will include an Extended Precision
Complex Math Library.
It can be downloaded from

            ftp.iac.rm.cnr.it/pub/Primi

The name of the targzipped archive is  hpalib-0.8.tar.gz .

Other Software Required:
To compile the source code of the HPA library are required:

1 - The `bash' shell (or another shell sh-compatible);
2 - The `make' utility, preferably the 'GNU' version of 'make';
3 - An ANSI-C compliant compiler. I built up the library and tested
    it   by using the GNU C Compiler (gcc) (i worked with the
    versions 2.95.3 on SunOS 5.8, 2.95.4 on FreeBSD 4.9 and 3.3.4 on
    Slackware GNU/Linux 10.0).

Other Comments:
The HPA library comes from a branch of the source code of the CCMath
library (version 2.2.1), which is a work by Daniel A. Atkinson.
Actually, I just took the source code in the 'xarm' section
of the CCMath library, I modified a little part of it to make
it work with recent versions (3.x) of GCC even when the code is compiled
with the optimization flag -O3 and I added a few functions
(xtoflt(), flttox(), print_xpr(), asprint_xpr(), xtoa() and bxprint())
which I find useful. Moreover, I discovered and patched a potential
buffer overflow. At end, I added the makefiles to compile the library
on a GNU/Linux(R) or Unix(R) system.
The source code of the CCMath Library is released under GNU Lesser
General Public License (version 2.1), so i decided to release the
source code of the HPA library under the same license.
The original archive of the version 2.2.1 of the CCMath library can
be retrieved from

www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/libs

It has name ccmath-2.2.1.tar.gz . This is the location where I
downloaded my copy from . More information about CCMath can be
obtained from

http://freshmeat.net/projects/ccmath/

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/