[Savannah-hackers] coreutils CVS is broken on savannah?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] coreutils CVS is broken on savannah?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:16:49 -0800

Alfred M. Szmidt reported, and I have confirmed, that coreutils is broken
on savannah.  Other projects (e.g., bison) are not broken.  What's up?

Here's how I reproduced the problem:

   $ cvs -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/coreutils co coreutils
   Invalid CVSROOT (2)
   cvs checkout: invalid data from cvs server

The same command worked if I uniformly substituted "bison" for
"coreutils", so it appears that the problem is specific to coreutils.

The Savannah web interface is up and is up-to-date, e.g., this URL:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/coreutils/coreutils/doc/ChangeLog?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

retrieves the latest version of the most-recently checked-in file.