Re: [Savannah-hackers] arabic project should be GNU web-only

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] arabic project should be GNU web-only
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:42:04 +0100

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 04:05:22PM +0100, Alex Muntada wrote:
> * Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>:
>   [2004-12-20 22:47:30 +0100]
>
> > Moreover, the GNU Webmasters recently decided to host the
> > translation teams' coordination webpages at www.nongnu.org
>
> Thanks, I didn't know that. I'll talk to webmasters about that.

Here is what I have:

----- Forwarded message from Derek Chen-Becker via RT <address@hidden> -----
Subject: [gnu.org #211821] Re: [Savannah-hackers] TarGNUm project webpage
From: "Derek Chen-Becker via RT" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:16:54 -0400

> address@hidden - Tue Oct 05 14:15:16 2004]:
>
> GNU Webmasters,
>
> Could you tell us what is the layout for translation projects?

OK, I discussed this on the list and we've come to the decision that
translation projects should reside on Savannah as their own projects. If
a translation team has a project page on Savannah, the webmasters should
be notified so that we can update the translation README page with links.

Derek

----- End forwarded message -----

It was a personal reply to this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-10/msg00396.html

> > Translation teams do not have a clear status; we consider
> > 'GNU', projects that have been approved by RMS as part of
> > the GNU project and clearly marked as such somewhere in
> > fencepost - hence why I forwarded the 'arabic' project to
> > GNU Eval.
>
> I didn't see that project on gnueval, either (I'm also a GNU
> software evaluator). I'll talk to Karl and Hugo about that.

For reference, a notification copy can be found here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-12/msg00304.html

> > Non-software projects webpages part of GNU should not be
> > published in www.gnu.org/software/, so if there is a need to
> > host such packages at www.gnu.org, the GNU Webmasters should
> > reconsider the website layout.
> >
> > Do you have some solution in mind?
>
> First, I should talk to webmasters, gnueval and translation
> coordinators to make things clear. I'll keep you posted.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Ok, I'm looking forward to hearing for you.

--
Sylvain