Re: [Savannah-help-public] address@hidden offline?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] address@hidden offline?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:30:56 +0100

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 10:14:58PM +0100, Romain Francoise wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I desactivated the custom anti-spam rule. We'll see if this fixes the
> > issue.
>
> The problem looks indeed fixed now.  Thanks.

I have the explanation: Jim (the FSF sysadmin) changed the mailer
system from a custom exim4 installation to the exim3 package from
Debian stable.

This caused Savannah to add proper message ids in the outgoing
messages. So the filter was not really based on solid hypothesis.

A while ago, we discussed with Mathieu about this, and a solution
would be to mark the commit mailing lists as special in Savane, and
have a script make a list of such lists on the database system; the
mail system could then apply an IP-based filter for these lists.

This is still planned, but we need to finish some other tasks (such as
remote mailing lists creation) in order to setup this.

--
Sylvain