[Savannah-help-public] Re: unsolved dominion ftp problem

From: Mark Galassi
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: unsolved dominion ftp problem
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:08:14 -0700

    Sylvain> I closed the tracker item explicitely noting the reason:
    Sylvain> you replied directly via e-mail instead of using the
    Sylvain> tracker.

I confess to be at a loss; there is probably a lot of savannah
terminology that I don't understand -- I can certainly reply to your
longer message, but I don't know what you mean by "using the tracker".

I originally sent you email using a web form pointed to on savannah.
I got a reply by email, so I responded by email (some of the addresses
your response included were bogus).

Then I get this note from you saying that I should use the tracker,
bur then you say:

    Sylvain> Then I replied by mail:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2005-02/msg00022.html

So I don't get it -- you say you reply by email, so should I use email
or the tracker?  And what is the tracker anyway?  I did not start out
using a tracker, so this catches me by surprise.

Could we just have an email conversation about these problems I am
encountering?  I think they are partly due to the fact that a
15-year-old GNU project was transferred to savannah with a few hitches
instead of starting from scratch on savannah.