[Savannah-help-public] Re: [bugs #11548] Must use /usr/bin/bash but uses

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [bugs #11548] Must use /usr/bin/bash but uses /usr/bin/sh in libexec/bin/
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:54:43 +0100 (CET)

> The following plugins must use bash and not merely sh
> (For example, they beheve differently in Sun computers).  The reason is that
>
> echo -e
>
> does not work as expectod.
> Examples of file using /usr/bin/sh in /libexec/bin/
>
> tm_reduce  --
> tm_mupad_help  --
> tm_mupad --
> tm_maxima **
> tm_maple --
> tm_gs --
> tm_gnuplot **
> tm_eukleides **
> tm_reduce_setup --
>
> From the above list the following, for sure, don't work as spected without
> the change:
>
> tm_maxima, tm_gnuplot, tm_eukleides

I changed from "sh" to "bash" for these three plug-ins on CVS;
please test whether things work properly.

I will do the same things for the other plug-in scripts when needed
(plug-in maintainers: please test).

As to tm_gs, please test whether you are able to
include postscript graphics. If so, then things are fine.

Thanks for your help, Joris