[Savannah-help-public] Re: [Savannah-help-private] Storing PNG files for

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [Savannah-help-private] Storing PNG files for web pages (fwd)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 22:00:53 +0200

[Moving to public since there is nothing private]

Hi,

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 01:29:43PM +0200, Laurence Finston wrote:
> I'm resending this message because I think the original may have been
> lost, since I didn't get an automated response with a ticket.

We use a vanilla Mailman mailing list. There is also a Savane tracker
in group administration that we advertise in the contact page - just
like any other Savannah project :)

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to add some animations to the web pages for GNU 3DLDF.
> I haven't yet learned how to create mpeg files, so I'm currently using
> JavaScript for the purpose.  Would there be any problem with uploading PNG
> files to the CVS archive for the web pages?  My first example uses 35 PNG
> files, each at a size of about 46 KB.
> The amount of storage needed could rise quickly, so I wanted to check first.

I don't think this is a problem. If it ever becomes really too
important, we may set an appointment with you to remove the history of
the files (after you backed them up).

Also, you might want to use MNG: http://www.libpng.org/pub/mng/

--
Sylvain