[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104838] mailing lists for dotgnu

From: Karl Berry
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:20:22 -0800

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Platform Version: None
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

Hello Sylvain and all,

After discussion with Norbert Bollow and Rhys Weatherley (cc'd), two of the
principal dotgnu folks, and rms, we'd like to move the dotgnu lists from
their current home on a separate server to lists.gnu.org along with the
rest.

This means creating the following lists:
dotgnu-announce
dotgnu-auth
dotgnu-visionaries
dotgnu-general
dotgnu-libjit
dotgnu-pnet
dotgnu-pnet-commits

Norbert has sent me membership rosters and mbox files with which to populate
the lists.  Rather than attach a 10-megabyte file, please find it in ~karl on
fencepost.gnu.org, as the file dotgnu-mlists.tar.

The names of the mbox directories are slightly different (from the dotgnu.org
server), but I don't think you'll have any trouble figuring out the
correspondence.  If you do, just let me know.

The dotgnu-auth and dotgnu-visionaries lists don't have rosters, since they
are not active.  But we still need to keep the archives online, and this
seems the simplest way.  We will configure the mailing lists, once created,
to simply  discard or reject all mail to them.

I'm sending this to you instead of sysadmin because I presume they should be
associated with the existing dotgnu project on savannah.

Please let us know if any questions or problems, and thanks.

Karl (and Norbert and Rhys)

Carbon-Copy List:

CC Address                          | Comment
address@hidden                 |
address@hidden                       |

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104838>

  Message sent via/by Savannah