Re: [Savannah-help-public] Possible bug

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Possible bug
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:14:27 +0100

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 04:09:29AM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> When I do
>
>   cvs update ChangeLog
>
> in emacs/lisp, it hangs for minutes.  (I eventually killed it.)
> Does that mean something is wedged on Savannah?

I tried to reproduce the problem by impersonating you.  The command
does take a few seconds to complete, but no more.

Since the file is so big (>800kB), it may take a lot of time if you
use a slow internet connection - CVS will probably request the latest
version of 'ChangeLog' so as to check whether local one is modified.

What is your download speed? (for comparison, here I should get around
700kB/s). Also, please give me the version of CVS you are using.

--
Sylvain