[Savannah-help-public] Re: Mailman "upgrade"

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Mailman "upgrade"
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:04:56 +0100

Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

> * Sylvain Beucler wrote on Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 01:40:42PM CET:
>>
>> Currently the FSF system admins are the ones with root access at
>> lists.gnu.org and other machines part of the mail system. The Savannah
>> Hackers and other people such as Karl Berry have access as user
>> 'mailman', so we're able to manage lists but cannot make more complex
>> investigation or fixes at the moment. I think it is still best pratice
>> to Cc address@hidden and address@hidden if there's a
>> problem - but address@hidden is mandatory anyway.
>
> OK, thanks.  They are in this reply, sorry for not doing that earlier.
>
> Various emails have not appeared on gnu.org mailing lists, including but
> not limited to these Message-IDs:
> address@hidden
> address@hidden
> address@hidden
> address@hidden
>
> Except for the last one they are roughly 3 days old.  And usually I have
> sent several messages in a short amount of time, most of which have
> actually appeared within about a minute.

FWIW, we've had the same experience in address@hidden  Compare:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.shishi.general

with

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-shishi/2006-03/threads.html

Some e-mails have not showed up anywhere.  Some are in the gnu.org
archive, but not on gmane.  Some are delayed a lot, but some are very
fast.

This one was not delivered to the subscribers (but it is in the list
archive):

<address@hidden>

This one was not delivered anywhere:

<address@hidden>

Btw, gmane should be thought of as just any subscriber here.

Thanks.