Re: [Savannah-help-public] hosting of unreleased project

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] hosting of unreleased project
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 15:44:22 +0100

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 01:23:38PM +1300, Glenn L McGrath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the FSF allow "internal" projects (projects that havent assigned
> a license or released code) to be hosted in savannah ?
>
> I have seen the new projected registration process, but im not sure
> that the right way for me to proceed.
>
> Im working on a project that i expect to one day release under the
> GPLv3, i dont want to release it under the GPLv2 as well as i would like
> to keep the licensing as clean as possible.
>
> I will consider assigning copyright to FSF or FSFE before its
> officially released because i want to keep the copyright chain of
> title clear.
>
> I can just keep managing it on my local machine, but i thought savannah
> might make it easier for me administer and safer to have an off site
> master.

Hi,

We do not host private projects at Savannah, because we encourage
public development practices.

When a project is licensed under the GNU GPL we ask that it is
released under "version 2 or later". This will allow to seamlessly
pass to "version 3 or later" later on. We consider this approach
"clean" :)

--
Sylvain