[Savannah-help-public] Digest emails are sent without a Date header -- v

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Digest emails are sent without a Date header -- violates RFC2822
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:24:02 +0100

Hi sysadmins,

Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch> reports:
---
The mailing list digest postings (in that case for
avr-libc-dev, but I guess it's a general issue) are sent
without a Date header. This violates RFC2822 since the
Date and address headers are mandatory. Consequently,
certain mail servers in the Internet refuse to accept these
mails, and I've got a complaint from a subscribee since
he cannot receive them through his mailserver (where the
mailserver administration is outside his own responsibility).
---

Is there something you can do in either Mailman or Exim to remedy to
that? I've browsed the Mailman lists archives, this problem was
already reported but apparently not fixed in the particular case of
digests (says to be fixed otherwise in v2.1b1).

--
Sylvain