[Savannah-help-public] Savannah hosting for standardization effort?

From: Paul Crowley
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Savannah hosting for standardization effort?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:59:10 +0000

The registration requirements for Savannah hosting are worded for software projects. I'd like to host a non-software project there - specifically an effort to create better standards for cryptography. Is that something that you would consider hosting?

You can find out more about what I propose here:

http://ciphergoth.livejournal.com/280821.html

I'd propose to make the resulting standards available under the MIT license; while I would want to discourage the creation of incompatible variants, I don't think copyright law is the right tool for that job.

The project might well extend to writing software that implements parts of the new standards, in which case the same license would be used.

Thanks!
--
  __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, address@hidden