[Savannah-help-public] GNU Metadata Exchange Utilities

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] GNU Metadata Exchange Utilities
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:34:20 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 07:03:18PM +0100, Laurence Finston wrote:

I checked with Karl, and the new package will be called the GNU
Metadata Exchange Utilities.  The "canonical" name, or whatever that's
called, will be `metaexchange".  I'd like that to be the name of the
directory at Savannah, if it's alright with you.

> - webpage: yes (by address@hidden)

OK, I'll write to them once the new Savannah project is available, and
I've uploaded the webpages.

> - mailing list: via a fencepost alias, yes

No need for this.  No one's ever posted to it.  I think there are two
subscribers.  I can post an announcement and then delete it, once the
new one is available.  I'll check the admin page to see whether I can
delete it myself.  It should be `help-metaexchange', but I'll apply for
this in the official way.

> - source code: probably via server-side symlinks

Don't bother.  I can upload the sources again myself.  I'm not
concerned about the log entries.  I'd like to change the directory
structure, anyway.  There are some things that I won't keep, either.

> - savannah project home page: via some mod_rewrite, it should work

If you just change the names, it should be alright.  If you let me know
when you set it up, I'll edit it as soon as possible.

> I'd like to make it temporary though, for example removing it after
> some months, so that this kind of redirections doesn't pile up. As you
> can see, this is ad-hoc :)

Sure, I think three months would be sufficient.

Please let me know if there's anything else I need to do.  I'll check rms'
mail again to see what, if anything, I need to do to apply for the hosting
at Savannah.

Thanks,

Laurence