[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105871] How do I change the License of a pro

From: John Doe
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105871] How do I change the License of a project?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:46:08 +0000

Yes please.

When I choose the affereo license, I was under the impression that the
affereo license was GPL v1.0.  I am no longer suffering from that
misconception.

I guess the reason for my mistake was that I didnt know or imagine there was
a version of the GPL you would not accept. So failing to find GPLv1, I choose
affereo.

If I understand you correctly, the project needs to be GPLv2 or later.  There
is no other way, and this seems like a nice sollution to me.

GPLv1 or later, might have been ideal, since the GPLv3 isnt out yet, and the
source project is GPLv1, and GPLv1 doesnt allow proprietary vendors to do
much anyhow.

On the other hand, I would probably want to change the License to GPLv3 once
this license is out anyhow, so I guess its good to get started changing the
license.

I assume that I am allowed (and/or legally forced) to change the license
header in the files to reflect this.  At least the files for which I add
changes, and/or files that specificly mentions the GPLv1, or other licenses.

(Unless its ok for some files in the project to be released with another
license?)

The documentation part of the project that states which license is used, will
certainly need to change, I realise.

Could you change the license?  That would be swell.

Thank you in advance,
nospam .

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?105871>

  Message sent via/by Savannah