Re: [Savannah-help-public] GNU software: MCSim

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] GNU software: MCSim
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:15:00 +0100

Hi,

I noticed several points to fix in your tarball:

- The address of the FSF has changed, and is now:

  51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA

Please update your license notices.

Please update the copy of the license (usually, the 'COPYING' file) in
your package as well.

Updated versions of the GPL, LGPL and GFDL can also be found at:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt

You can find some background and a possible migration script at
https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=3766

(alternatively the GNU (L)GPLv3 standard notices include different
wording that do not mention the FSF snail mail address - see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html#howto)

- mcsim.texi uses the old-style license for GNU manuals. Please
  upgrade to the GNU FDL.

- Examples files (.MCMC.in) are "All rights reserved". This ain't
  free!  :)

Didn't GNU Eval tell anything about it?

--
Sylvain