[Savannah-help-public] Helping in Savannah

From: Franco Iacomella
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Helping in Savannah
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:35:29 -0700

Hi,
 Karl (Berry) told me that Savannah Admin project is needs an active
 projects reviewer and asked for my help. So, I following the "How to
 become a savannah hacker" guide, here is 2 answers for pending
 revision projects (shoot and hybrid).

 SHOOT: (https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7818)
 ---------

 License:
        Its Ok. A copy of GPLv3 license is included in the package. As no
 source code is provided I cannot say anything about legal notices in
 code.

 Source code:
        No source code is provided, so Its not possible to check license
 compatibility or dependencies problems. Source code must be included
 before Savannah can aprove your project.

 Other notes:
        A README file is included with contact information but no information
 about versions, supported platforms or authors names.

 CONCLUSION:
        The project cannot be approved until the source code is provided. If
 the developer needs Savannah right now,  an explanation is needed.

 HYBRID: (https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7822)
 ----------

 License:
        Its Ok. A copy of GPLv2 license is included in the package. The legal
 notices in the source files are ok.

 Source code:
        Source code is provided but it cannot be compiled because ELKlib is
 required. This library is not available for download, so I cannot
 check if the source compile and works in a free OS. As ELKlib is
 already a Savannah approved project, I assume that this dependencies
 doesn't have compatibility problems.

 CONCLUSION:
        Project can be approved, bust must be checked when ELKlib is released.

 I wait for your comments.

 Franco Iacomella
  [ GNU Project ]