[Savannah-help-public] Re: Bug tracker hosting on Savannah?

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Bug tracker hosting on Savannah?
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:43:21 -0700

On Thu, 29 May 2008, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Would it be possible to set up an "official" Debbugs server, hosted
> at gnu.org or savannah.gnu.org?

Basically the debbugs server would need its own domain name, with
slightly different MTA configuration and its own apache configuration
to be useful.

> This would probably involve giving Don Armstrong an account on a gnu.org
> machine that allows him to administer the debbugs server.  Is this
> feasible?

The way we've done this in Debian is to have a debbugs user which all
of the debbugs stuff runs as, and separate logins for the people who
would need to log in who have sudo access to that user. [This user
also owns the apache config file that it uses too.]

But I'm flexible; the login will just enable me to roll out upgrades
to debbugs without having to harass anyone.

Don Armstrong

--
Dropping non-free would set us back at least, what, 300 packages? It'd
take MONTHS to make up the difference, and meanwhile Debian users will

And what about SHAREHOLDER VALUE?
 -- Matt Zimmerman in <address@hidden>