Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Bison GPG keyring not updated

From: Joel E. Denny
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Bison GPG keyring not updated
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 19:06:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi Karl,

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Karl Berry wrote:

> Sorry for not replying before.

No problem.  Thanks for the reply.

>     > I set a new GPG key in my Savannah profile a few days ago.  I just
> rolled
>     > a new release of Bison,
>
> I guess you already emailed sysadmin with the new key, since there is
> bison-2.4.1a.tar.gz on alpha?

If that's the same as ftp-upload, then yes, I emailed it to them, and they
referred me here concerning the Savannah problem.

>     so I'd like my key to show up in Bison's keyring
>     on Savannah, but it hasn't yet.
>
> I don't know how the savannah keyrings are maintained, if they are an
> automatically-updated copy of what sysadmin has for alpha/ftp.gnu.org
> (evidently not), or something else.

When I set my original GPG key (now expired) on Savannah, I got the
impression it was automatically propagated to Bison's keyring.  I'm not
sure why it isn't happening now.

I had searched the archives and found someone else reporting a similar
problem:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2007-02/msg00042.html

Sylvain Beucler fixed this apparently by enabling GPG support.  I don't
see any switch for that in my Bison admin page, but maybe I missed it.
Maybe a Savannah admin has to do it.

> (Nor do I know what difference they
> make to anything, for that matter.)

Although users can obviously download the keys from the key servers, I
think some download from here.  At least, I've done that in the past.
Anyway, the keyrings should be up-to-date or removed, in my opinion.