[Savannah-help-public] Re: turning off bug and patch trackers for coreut

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: turning off bug and patch trackers for coreutils
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:14:37 +0100

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:49:18PM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> coreutils is moving to debbugs.gnu.org, finally.
> Is there a mechanism by which I can prohibit new submissions
> to the bug and patch trackers, while leaving the existing
> bugs accessible?

No perfect way I think.  I'd let them enabled (otherwise past items
won't be accessible anymore), but change the permissions so that only
project members can post. As an additional security I'd remove posting
permissions to non-admins.  You can set this up in the admin interface
of the project (member permissions).

> Does just unchecking the "Bugs Tracker" box do what I want?
>
> Ideally, any attempt to change things would give an error and point
> people to the mailing list and http://debbugs.gnu.org/coreutils,
> but that's hardly a requirement.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
>
> PS.  I'm sure there's a better forum.
> (an email list?)  I tried #savannah to no avail.
> Let me know and I'll post there instead of to you directly.

address@hidden
Check sv.gnu.org/contact.php

--
Sylvain