Re: [gnu.org #678983] Re: [Savannah-help-public] problems with large ema

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #678983] Re: [Savannah-help-public] problems with large emails
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 22:42:56 GMT

    Sure. When we move lists (next week), we'll upgrade the limit to a few
    megabytes (say 4, for now).

Sounds good.

    situations where someone sends a very large attachment to a very large
    list (some of our lists have thousands of subscribers).

At a glance, the biggest non-announcement list I see is qemu-devel with
some 1600 members.  (Granted distributing multimegabytes to each of them
wouldn't be so fun.)  Presumably no one at the FSF ever sends very large
attachments to the ones like info-fsf or librefm-announce, the lists with
really big memberships!

Thanks,