[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107669] savannah originated mail triggering

From: Brian Gough
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107669] savannah originated mail triggering spam assassin
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:43:03 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Mail from savannah to fencepost.gnu.org triggers spam assassin.  I forwarded
the attached email to address@hidden and they said it was due to the mail
configuration on savannah.

From: "Ward Vandewege via RT" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: [gnu.org #689959] Forward: [Savannah-users] Loggerhead for Bazaar
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:17:06 -0400

> address@hidden - Wed Apr 13 11:45:20 2011]:

> At Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:36:40 -0400,

> Ward Vandewege via RT wrote:

> > > address@hidden - Tue Apr 12 04:13:31 2011]:

> > > Hi. This mail from Savannah itself picked up 3.7 spam points due

> to RBLs.

> > > Maybe Savannah itself should be whitelisted.

> > Please send full headers of the message.

This is likely caused by the Received: lines that are in RFC1918 address
space.

The spamassassin tests that fired were external blocklist.
I suggest the Savannah hackers make sure that mail that is sent from
that system does not include Received: lines that point to non-routable
hosts.

Thanks,
Ward.

--