[savannah-help-public] [sr #108243] bad From: address in project email

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108243] bad From: address in project email
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:13:19 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi Michael (if you're still there), or anyone - it seems the From: line in the
Savannah approval email uses the domain from the submitter, instead of
something @savannah.(non)gnu.org.  See the report from Eric Hutchins in the
"By the way" at https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12443.

The body of the email is generated from
administration/content/gnu-content/admin/proj_email.txt, but not the headers.
I didn't check around to see how the email gets sent.

If anyone is interested in helping with the savannah backend, I think this
would be an excellent little job to start with, since presumably the actual
change is trivial.  There is stuff in the wiki, past email, etc., about where
exactly all the source repositories and their live checkouts are ... figuring
out where to look is probably the hardest part :).

karl

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108243>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/