Re: [savannah-help-public] groff member, cannot clone git repo

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] groff member, cannot clone git repo
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 00:23:33 -0700

Peter Schaffter wrote:
> Problem solved at this end.  I didn't realize my username at
> Savannah was case sensitive.  Duh.

I am glad to read that you have alrady solved the problem.  I see that
your user name contains upper case letters.  So yes, those will need
to match.  That is the same as any login.

Previously:
> I'm no ssh or git expert, and am at a loss as to why what worked
> flawlessly for a decade is broken.  Please help.

Both cvs and git use ssh for commit access.  Shell access has always
been case senstive for ssh (and rsh before it) logins.  I can only
imagine that your CVS accounts were using exact case for that time.
Look in one of your previous CVS/Root files to check to see what had
been there before.  (Just to prove it one way or the other.)

(Interestingly email addresses which are based upon account names will
be case insensitive.  So some things are and some things are not.)

> >   Permission denied (publickey).
> >   fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

These types of problems are fairly easy for us to debug.  (In contrast
to many other hard to debug problems.  <haha/>)  If you have any
further problems please don't hesitate to contact us.

Bob