[savannah-help-public] [sr #107582] Commit emails from git are broken (d

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #107582] Commit emails from git are broken (duplicated diffs)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:04:17 +0000

Update of sr #107582 (project administration):

Follow-up Comment #6:

Done.  I have set up git-multimail for gnokii sending all emails to
gnokii-commit.

Note that git-multimail sends one message for every reference change and one
email for every commit.  Meaning that a single commit and push generates two
messages.  A string of twenty commits and push generates twenty one messages.
So for single commits and push it may seem like it is generating too much
mail.  But for longer chains it feels just right.  Here is an example of the
behavior I am talking about in operation.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-elpa-diffs/2014-03/threads.html

With that I am going to close the ticket.  Yay!  Please let us know if you
want any changes.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107582>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/