Re: [savannah-help-public] Gnuspeech - git repository

From: David Hill
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Gnuspeech - git repository
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:07:44 -0700

Dear Steve,

You email arrived just as I hit the "Send" button on my last response.

OK. Back to square 2.

So two separate repos perhaps, but read my last response, sent jsut as your latest arrived!

Nice to think I was close to right after all, based on my previous reading up on submodules. My opinion of submodules reflects what you say below! They are indeed horrible.

[Please, savannah hackers, bear with us. Can we have two separate Git repos in the Gnuspeech project:

https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnuspeech

If so, I think we may have a firm decision, and I can init them as bare and populate them. Unless Steve and Marcelo decide that the inclusion of the archival change logs explicitly allows just one repo and is acceptable.

I'll write again soon.]

Warm regards.

david