[savannah-help-public] [sr #109208] Spurious lock on gnubg cvs repositor

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109208] Spurious lock on gnubg cvs repository
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 03:55:32 +0000 (UTC)

I think I know some of the problem. For one the new machine is NFS mounting
the old machine's file system. This is where the "nobody" comes into play.  I
have intentionally not turned off the NFS root_squash and therefore anything
root does is mapped to the nobody user.

Previously configured for CVS the locks are not kept in the repository.  This
would not work for permissions from the pserver which runs as a non-priviledge
nobody user.  Instead locks are kept off in a separate directory tree.
Previously this message would have reported it as root's lock.  Meanwhile I
don't think this is significant to the root cause of the problem.

Having said all of that I don't know why gnubg wouldn't be able to commit.  I
see no lock files there.  I am looking into the problem too.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109208>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/