[savannah-help-public] [sr #108871] Gnash project's git mail notificatio

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108871] Gnash project's git mail notification is giving out wrong repository URL
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 00:13:51 +0000 (UTC)

Update of sr #108871 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #3:

Oh wow. Sorry this is such an old bug ticket.

When I look at the commit hook setup I see it dates from Aug 5 2010. I see it
has the buggy post-receive.d setup that many had and still have. (At some
point I need to go through the entire list of all git repositories and fix any
that are bad. Details available if you ask on the mailing list.) I fixed that
for this project.

As for the documentation you have cited and all of the references you included
let me say I am very impressed!  You found files that I didn't even know
existed.

However I think this is really the documentation you wanted to find:

http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Git/

And this is the live repository for looking at the current config file
contents.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash.git/

There has been some development in the years since 2010 when this was set up.
We are now recommending using the https://github.com/mhagger/git-multimail
notification script.  Would you like to try it?  You can see the new format in
some of the other lists such as
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2017-01/threads.html here.

However as for your current git hook I think you are absolutely correct with
your bug finding. I added "gnash.git" in the place you indicated with
${dir_git} that was, as you surmised, almost certainly not getting set.  (I
will do a grep and look for other configs that might also be broken in this
way.)

Thank you for being so persistent with this ticket. I made the change you
found to be needed. Please look at the next commit and see if this is fixed
now.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108871>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/