[savannah-help-public] [sr #109210] I can't connect to my repository via

From: Michael Pagan
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109210] I can't connect to my repository via ssh, but cvs can?
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 23:28:16 +0000 (UTC)

> Because scp is part of ssh and uses ssh it uses ssh rsa keys not passwords.

I did not know that _scp_ was part of _ssh_.  I understand the process a lot
better now.  Also, I started using the prune option (*-P*) with cvs; makes
sense to keep deleted files in the cvs history in case someone wants to
checkout an older tagged version.

> "Interactive shell login is not possible for security reasons. VCS commands
are allowed"

Yes, if I saw that message then I would have found out sooner why I wasn't
able to ssh into the vcs.  I followed the Savannah docs for setting up an
ssh-key and configuration, but that was almost 2 years ago (when I first made
my account).

You explained everything very thoroughly-- thank you!  The problem is solved,
so you can close both tickets now.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109210>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/