Re: [savannah-help-public] Downloading attachments: error: the file can'

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Downloading attachments: error: the file can't be found
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:13:50 -0700

Bernhard Voelker wrote:
> When trying to download an attachment of a bug, e.g. one of the two
> attachments of the findutils bug
>    https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50259
> then the Savannah webpage returns the error message "The file can't
> be found".  Any hint?
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=39769

I am able to download this file okay.

  $ wget 'https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=39769'
  --2017-02-17 15:06:52--
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=39769
  Resolving savannah.gnu.org (savannah.gnu.org)... 208.118.235.79
  Connecting to savannah.gnu.org

We recently moved the web frontend from the old IP to the new server
at 208.118.235.79 and sync'd all of the attached files forward.  I see
the file on the new server okay.  But looking at the logs of the old
server I am still seeing access to it and specifically for this file.
It appears that are still accessing the old system for some reason.
Perhaps you hard coded it in your /etc/hosts file?

Access to the old system will be restricted soon in order to expose
these types of problems.

Bob