Re: [savannah-help-public] sftp access to download area in Savannah

From: Antonio Diaz Diaz
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] sftp access to download area in Savannah
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:07:27 +0100

Hi Bob,

Bob Proulx wrote:
Now that sftp has been disabled, what is the recommended method to delete a
file? Could someone, please, document it in
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/DownloadArea/ ?

That is an excellent question.  And I don't know an answer to it.  But
I agree completely.  I will add it to the to-do list.

Thanks for the answer. I have found this[1], that boils down to:

rsync -rv --delete --include=foo.txt '--exclude=*' /home/user/ address@hidden:/home/user/

or

ssh address@hidden "rm /home/user/foo.txt"

The rsync method seems risky, and the ssh method does not seem to work.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/505289/using-rsync-to-delete-a-single-file

Best regards,
Antonio.