[savannah-help-public] [sr #109475] Unable to run Octave properly

From: Nenad Zivanovic
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109475] Unable to run Octave properly
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 01:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Greetings,
I bought a new laptop with Endless OS and GNU Octave package. When I tried to
run it the system demanded an installation. After I performed the installation
GNU Octave-test icon appeared on my desktop. The program is running when I
double click the icon, but it doesn't perform even the basic calculations,
does not return the result value after I type in for instance 2*3 and press
Enter in Editor window. It also started reporting an error like this in the
Command window:
libGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
GNU Octave, version 4.3.0+

I am attaching eos-diagnostics file as well.
Thanks.

File Attachments:

Date: Tue 20 Mar 2018 05:16:04 AM UTC  Name:
eos-diagnostic-180320_053117_UTC+0100.txt  Size: 381KiB   By: nenad

<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/download.php?file_id=43598>

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109475>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/