Re: [savannah-help-public] GNU Savannah login problems

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] GNU Savannah login problems
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 16:35:11 -0600

Hello Andrija,

Andrija Dinic wrote:
> I registered a new GNU Savannah account with login name andrija1213
> and when I tried to verify my account, I couldn't login getting an
> error message about a wrong password?

Your newly registered account was pending activation.  You were sent a
verification URL to verify your mail address.  This was delivered to
your email service provider.

  Aug  7 14:33:14 frontend0 postfix/smtp[26546]: B58B42BE3:
to=<address@hidden>, relay=mail.protonmail.ch[185.70.40.101]:25, delay=22,
delays=0.09/0.01/11/12, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as
880D8BB4)

I have manually activated your account.  Please use the Lost Password
feature from the login page to send you a login token by email to your
email already on file.

  https://savannah.gnu.org/account/login.php

Often automated mails such as this are filed into spam folders.  If
you do not see the message in your mail inbox please look around for
the message.  It will be there somewhere.

> At first I thought the problem was in my password manager, but I can
> not confirm as I generated a random password which I didn't
> remember(it was quite long). It included letters, numbers, special
> symbols etc. but I read that it's fine and registration form didn't
> really complain. I would really like to try out your platform so
> help would be quite appreciated.

I also use random passwords and it works okay for me.

Bob