[Savannah-register-public] [task #4180] Submission of j Artificial Neura

From: Stefan Thesing
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4180] Submission of j Artificial Neural Net Interactive Sim
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 00:51:48 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.nongnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7651>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  jannis

Full Name:
----------
  j Artificial Neural Net Interactive Sim

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------

------------
  I started developing this software during a research project for my diploma
thesis at Department of Education, Hamburg University, Germany. Topic of that
research project was using simulations of neural nets for neuro-psychological
research. So the purpose of the program is not high performance simulations of
neural nets (e.g. for fuzzy logic systems) but simulations for experiments on
the behaviour of a variety of different net settings. So it aims for being
easy to use and not for performance.
I plan to make it an interactive toolkit for assembling neural nets quite
easily. I'm working on a text-based user-interface in the moment, maybe later
I'll add a GUI.
The program is written in Java and will always be designed to be compiled
with gcj and run on kaffe or another free VM.
In the moment, the source code of the classes actually used for the neural
net functionality uses German variable names and is commented in German. It
is hardly commented at all. Before publishing the software, I will change
variable names as well as the comments to English, do some decent commenting
and provide gjdoc-API-documentation. You can have a look at the pre-publish
source at http://www.webdings.de/srcpacks/neural_net.tar.gz
Some tools developed for and used by the software are ready to be published.
You can download source code and API-docs at
http://www.webdings.de/srcpacks/de.webdings.tools.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
  My software does not and will never depend on non-free Java classes and
will always be able to run on a free Java VM. Till now, I used the gcj and
Kaffe libraries.

Other Comments:

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4180>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah