[Savannah-register-public] [task #4883] Submission of ProjectManager

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4883] Submission of ProjectManager
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:04:26 +0000

There's problems connected with adding README files to some directories
inside the project:
 - ".gorm" directories are in fact "file packages". They are treated as a
single closed structure and adding files to them is though possible, but
could result in confusion.
 - adding a README file to other directories is easier, but then I'd also
have to add special makefile rules to filter-out the README files from the
final application (as the contents of these directories are all considered
"resource" files of the app).

In short: what you request creates lots of problems and additional
maintaining headache. And after all, the GPL and FDL are already included in
the project and I think that it's obvious that obviously all files inside the
project's directory hierarchy are under the same license (as denoted by the
README in the root directory).

I've updated the README to explicitly state that all files in the package are
licensed.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4883>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/