[Savannah-register-public] [task #5611] Submission of Mini http server:

From: Christian Gosch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5611] Submission of Mini http server: w3server
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 22:03:39 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=8597>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  Mini http server: w3server

System Group Name:
-----------------
  w3server

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  This is yet another http server, written originally as an
assignment in a computer networks class at uni.
It is written in C, uses multi-threading and seemed quite stable
and, prior to all, it is small (compiles in 2 seconds).
It does, to my knowledge, not support full http 1.0, but
it may be useful for other projects which just need a minimal
http server and/or for educational purposes.
It was tested on an older Solaris and on a current
GNU/Linux system (Gentoo using Kernel 2.6.15 and gcc 3.3.6).
The compiler complains about a few warnings which I am willing to fix if the
program will be used by anyone. Apart from that, there is no active
development since it was written in 2000. I just never got along to
submitting it to sourceforge or savannah.

The source package is here:
http://www.cvgpr.uni-mannheim.de/gosch/software/w3server.tar.gz

The license is GPL version 2.

Other Software Required: