[Savannah-register-public] Savannah and translation teams

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Savannah and translation teams
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:48:55 +0100

Yesterday Alex Muntada posted a series of comments suggesting we
remove pending submission requests related to www.gnu.org translation
teams.

At first I didn't realize we left them open on purpose. But I went
ahead an dropped the whole 'translation teams' category. Indeed, its
description is:

"Translation teams need to be reference, because sometime in the
future they will get a dedicated project type. contact: address@hidden"

They already have a dedicated project type - so we now can easily get
a list of translation teams - no need to keep a list of them
separately in the tracker. Meanwhile, I suggest we move any old
translation team project in this group type (instead of www.gnu.org
portion).

As for project names, the naming convention was 'wwwXX' to match early
translation team names. I suggest we continue using this instead of
'www-XX'.

Last point: it seems we need Alex's approval each time there is a new
translatio team. How about adding him to the 'administration' group so
he can take care of this without having us as an intermediary?

--
Sylvain