[Savannah-register-public] [task #6360] Submission of Tikiwiki

From: Mose
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6360] Submission of Tikiwiki
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 08:18:09 +0000

Thanks for that positive reply. It's in our interest to get Savanah blessing,
to validate an effort we make for 4 years to make Tikiwiki conform to its
license. Your blessing will be seeked and advertised.

Here are more details about your questions. My answer are only my own point
of view, we don't have in Tikiwiki community any concept of structured
hierarchy. But I talk in my quality of most prolific contributor and Obvious
Community Catalyst since 2003. (http://cvs.tikiwiki.org)

About third party products dependencies, I expect we don't bundle them in
Tikiwiki release in tikiwiki 2.0. We need a more professional packaging
system and we'll match with most distribution packaging systems, mainly the
one used in Debian. Mandatory dependencies will only be based on Free
Software environment. For wilder contribution, the mods system
(http://mods.tikiwiki.org) is more likely to be used. It's like a peer to
peer tikiwiki extensions sharing system. That source code is not intended to
be hosted on savanah.

About maps system, tikimap requires the installation of mapserver, which is
not so trivial. It cannot be commpared to gmap. But such extension based on
an external service is not considered as a core dependency in Tikiwiki. That
will go to mods.

For java, yes, we share the same hope. Brazilian people developing the
Morcego 3d browser will probably be reactive on this front.

As well, fonts cleaning comes in the same move of gif burning. They are used
for pdf generation, and by focusing on a better integration with the system,
we should be able to make fontpath more easy to fit with existing
environment, letting the user using fonts available on the server.

I hope you'll feel free to ask if you have more questions. Again, I only talk
for myself, but my will is strong and I know that I can engage on them.

cheers,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?6360>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/