[Savannah-register-public] [task #6189] Submission of GNU/Linux User Gro

From: Arjun Shankar
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6189] Submission of GNU/Linux User Group, National Institute
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:08:07 +0000

Hi! I am a member of this GLUG

Stephan:
> As you seem to have a homepage, mailing lists, some webspace
> for your downloads and such already I am wondering about how
> you plan to use your Savannah account. Could you please
> clarify this point?

Debarshi:
> We can continue to have the HTTP and FTP services running
> on our machines, but the mailing list will be the cornerstone
> and an important infrastructure for evolving the community.
> Therefore we are looking for a place like Savannah, where we
> will have to perform lesser amount of maintainence related
> activities.

Well,

I am the part time sysadmin for 'razorblade' (the quad processor monster that
serves as the GLUG's webserver). Frankly, our ability to administrate is
limited thanks to us being under the guidance of the institute sysadmins. It
is not possible for us to run a mailserver (and therefore a mailing list),
thanks to firewall rules that don't let us run a DNS server for our own
domain. Because of this, mails sent out by us invariably get marked as spam.

If there is a way to avoid this, we would more than love to run our own
mailing list.

On another note, I would also like to point out that the GLUG here is very
immature. Members are almost entirely all new to GNU/Linux systems. Hopefully
this will change with time, especially with a mailing list up and running.
(Though I must say, participating in already existing lists will help a lot
too, but somehow, people get scared seeing the posts there, and it would be
nice if they could hang out and learn together.)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?6189>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/