[Savannah-register-public] [task #6156] Submission of Afghan Calendar Pr

From: M. Emal Alekozai
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6156] Submission of Afghan Calendar Project
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:34:18 +0000

Hi,
thanks for evaluating my project proposal.

The aim of this project is to provide free available (GNU Free Documentation
License) multilingual Afghan calendars, that are accessible on all major
platforms and provide access to all functionality via free tools. The project
has more the character of a free documentation project rather than a large
software project. The calendar creating process is partly automated. I have
send you by email the source code of the Perl script which creates the
OpenOffice XML file.

You can find the current state of the project homepage at [1]. A beta version
of the calendar for 2007/08 in the OpenOffice format is located at [2], in the
PDF format at [3]. The display of the OpenOffice document may differ depending
on the version of the fonts installed on your local computer. Because it is
the first release the calendar and the website may still contain errors.

The images in the calendar and the project website were created by myself or
are released under the GPL license. The fonts used in the OpenOffice document
are released under the GPL license.

Regarding the copyright notice I have got the following two questions:

1. The calendar [3] consist of one A3 page. I added the following copyright
notice and permission-to-copy statements at the page header:
"Permission is granted to copy and distribute it under the terms of the GNU
Free Documentation License."
Adding the entire GNU Free Documentation License (FDL) would consume to much
space. Is this enough to release the calendar properly under the GNU FDL?

2. Can you check the copyright notice [4] on the project website ?

Comments and corrections are welcome.
Best regards,
Emal

1: http://alekozai.com/calendar