[Savannah-register-public] Re: Fwd: [task #7784] Submission of Pirates o

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: Fwd: [task #7784] Submission of Pirates of the skies
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 18:41:32 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 05:15:02PM +0200, Alexander Shulgin wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I've checked the updated files and everything seems to be correct now. :-)
>
> I've also checked that there are no other dependencies by compiling
> the project (well, it still does not link on my box due to some
> unresolved symbols in glfw, but that's not a dependency issue, I
> believe).
>
> Should I approve the project now?  Is there something we need to say
> about using CC-by-sa license--may be we can recommend how to make it
> prominent to the user what media files are licensed separately?

The origin and license of the media files has to specified whichever
license is used, possibly in a separate README file in the same
directory - as usual :)

> >From what I can see, it is not required to put full text of the
> license along with the distributed files and mere URL is considered
> sufficient.

In doubt, and coherently with the GPL FAQ position, it's better to
include a copy of the license.

Otherwise, it looks like the project can be accepted.

--
Sylvain