[Savannah-register-public] [task #7832] Submission of ProcessMaker OSS

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7832] Submission of ProcessMaker OSS
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:22:39 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => zeus

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi Amy,

Savannah is a central point for development, distribution and
maintenance of GNU Software.

There is a companion site savannah.nongnu.org where we also host Free
Software projects that are not part of the GNU Project, but run on
free platforms.

However, we do not allow to host your project on Savannah and
SourceForge at the same time, if Savannah is just a project mirror.
Your project development should happen primarily on Savannah.

How do you plan to use your Savannah account?

Related to the use of the words "open source", please refer to the
software as free software when is possible, because in Savannah we
host projects that are free software and not open source. The same is
with the license as you are using the Affero General Public License
which is a free software license, please avoid any reference to the
open source web page, which is the case on
http://www.processmaker.com/about-open-source.php

You have many projects under the gulliver/ directory, can you please
make a list of what directory is a dependency and which is part of the
project? and with the same effort, please make a list with the url to
check the project license or if you can tell use the project license
is better. We want to check all the dependencies license because we
want to avoid the dependencies that aren't free software.

I strongly recommend you to keep all the dependencies out of your
tarball, this is because you let the user choose what version use.

There's a lot of code without the proper copyright and license notice,
please fix this issue. Keep in mind that any files with more than 10
lines longs should carry on a copyright and license notice. If you
have file that cannot carry text comments inside, please create
a NOTICE.{file extension} and put there the proper copyright and
license notice.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the
tracker's web interface by following the link below. Do not reply
directly; the registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we
will not receive such replies.

Regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7832>

  Message sent via/by Savannah