[Savannah-register-public] [task #8745] Submission of scalc

From: Christopher Olah
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8745] Submission of scalc
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:34:09 +0000

Greetings!

I accidentally responded by email when I got your response. I would've fixed
this earlier but I was in the middle of exams.

I am still interested in putting scalc on Savanah.

1) It seems redundant to have a copy of the license in every package. Why
can't I just point to a URL? There is a copy at scalc/doc/GPL.txt, I'll move
it to scalc/COPYING

2) Ah, I didn't realize about the Makefile. I'll fix that right a way.

3) Hm, I just use `head -n 20 *|less' in scalc/src to skim through the tops
of the files and didn't notice any references to the GPL v3. The notice I used
was based on the one suggested by the KDE project and points people towards a
URL (To gnu.org/liscenses) where they can find the GPL v2.

Technical nit) Oops! Sorry about that.

My concerns:

1) I noticed that there's a proprietary piece of software named scalc? What
do I need to do?

Notes:

1) I've made some minor bug fixes since I submitted this copy.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?8745>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/