[Savannah-register-public] [task #9629] Submission of CAD Block Library

From: Arthur Torrey
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9629] Submission of CAD Block Library for Hydronic Heating
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 04:45:50 +0000

Have had other stuff in my life keeping me busy, and the update turned out to
be a bigger challenge than I thought.  I found when I started making my key
drawing, that I had created the individual symbol drawings in several
different scales, and used a couple of different naming styles.  To make the
key drawing more helpful, this meant editing many of the individual files to
be consistent - I've gotten about 90% of the way done, just need to make the
time to sit down and give it the final push...  When I do get it done, I will
be uploading a complete new tarball since I will have touched a whole bunch of
the files in the package.

I am also thinking that as an alternative to listing all the individual files
in my "Copying" file, which would be a LONG list, I could point to the key
file saying something like "All files in this directory and in directory xzy,
zxy, ... and as illustrated in <key-file> are subject to copyright"
Copyright (C) Year1, Year2,... YourName <email> And in the actual key file
have similar copyright text, a one line CC-BY-SA license summary, and a
pointer saying see file "Copying" for details.

Unless there is some reason this wouldn't satisfy the legal requirements, it
would seem like an approach that is more scalable and simpler to maintain -
any additions to the library would just get added to the appropriate part of
the key drawing.  Do you see any issues with doing it this way?

ART

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?9629>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/