[Savannah-register-public] [task #10002] Submission of FreeControl

From: Quique Rodriguez
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10002] Submission of FreeControl
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:05:34 +0000

Is Argentina we use to say "propietario", but somebody from FSFLA corrected
me to use the term "privativo".  There is no problem to use "propietary
software".  How can I correct this issue?

Please, give me a few days, I will add an initial version of the sources.

The idea is to create a software to allow a PC to be used as a PLC (do you
know what is a PLC).

The PLC are dedicated hardware to perform automation functions.  It has a CPU
and several IO boards.  It has program memory and data memory.  It has a
propietary firmware that executes the program.

The program is designed with specific software that mainly runs over Windows.
 This software is propietary, its created to be used with a specific brand or
a specific line of products of a brand.

Therefore, when you decide to use a PLC you need to select a brand.  Then the
price of the equipment is very high because you can't change it.  Also the
price of the software is high and the performance of this software is always
low compared to other kind of programs, because of the low demand.

Also exists a few softwares to do this, but the once I know, work over
Windows, are propietary, and it's not the best platform to perform real time
processing.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?10002>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/