[Savannah-register-public] [task #9629] Submission of CAD Block Library

From: Arthur Torrey
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9629] Submission of CAD Block Library for Hydronic Heating
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 04:15:19 +0000

1. As Sebastian noted, (see comment #1) I changed the license from GPL V3 or
later to CC-BY-SA at his suggestion.  I don't claim to be a licensing guru,
but since this library is essentially a collection of data files, I don't see
how it would have a problem being used with any other program, GNU licensed or
otherwise, especially given the "exception" that I add in the README file.

2. CAD seems to be one of the areas where the Free software world is
seriously lacking in alternatives - I did a lot of searching before going to
QCAD, and it was the only program that I could find with a reasonable level of
capability, and which I could install on my system.  They do offer BOTH a FREE
(GPL licensed, not sure which rev offhand) and a proprietary version - on a
model like the old Ghostscript program.  The free version is quite usable, the
proprietary one just offers a couple of extra convenience features, AND
support... (And is VERY low cost for whatever that is worth...) I mention QCAD
in the README, and that they had both versions without advocating either one.
It does not seem realistic to me not to acknowledge that both versions exist,
but if you insist, I can strike mention that the proprietary version is
there.

3. I have done some other edits on the README, and corrected the Linux to
GNU/Linux, and made a few other minor edits for grammar and such.

4. I have redone the tarball to include a root directory of /hydronics

If there are additional things, please let me know.

Gooserider

(file #19375)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: CAD-hydronic-lib-1-1.tgz       Size:290 KB

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?9629>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/