[Savannah-register-public] [task #10260] Submission of GPSD

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10260] Submission of GPSD
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 21:10:43 +0000

Follow-up Comment #12, task #10260 (project administration):

>when we get their answer we'll be able to decide on the submission.

What the heck does the FSF's legal team have to do with any of this, and why
do they get any say in how I do my copyrights?  It's not like errors there
create any liability for any of you; it's strictly my project's problem if
I've screwed up.

I accept that Savannah has standards about which licenses you'll accept and
lack of proprietary dependencies; those are worthwhile and have a purpose.  It
is fine if you want to *advise* me on what you think best copyright practice
to protect my project is.  But *enforcing* your idea of best practice when I
don't agree with it is over the line into offensive meddling.

>You can share your thoughts here.

No I can't.  You'll find out why when we can talk somewhere that isn't
logged.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?10260>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/